The burial-chapel of SS. Felix and Adauctus in the Catacombs of Commodilla, Rome, Italy, (1928). '4th and 7th Century...In the background the tomb of St. Felix, over it the two martyrs; between them, above, the monogram of Christ, below a shrine with sacred parchments. From the times of Damasus (366-384) and Siricius (384-398)...On right of St. Felix' tomb St. Luke with an inscription: "Sub Tempora Constantino Augusto Nostro Factum Est." [Wilpert] states that this inscription refers to the Emperor Constantine IV, Pogonatus (668-685)'. After Joseph Wilpert. Plate XLVIII, fig 106, from "An Encyclopaedia of Colour Decoration from the Earliest Times to the Middle of the XIXth Century" with explanatory text by Helmuth Bossert. [Ernst Wasmuth Ltd., Berlin, 1928]. Creator Unknown. (Photo by The Print Collector/Heritage Images via Getty Images)
Image provided by Getty Images.
January 28th, 2021
Viewed 27 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 06/21/2021 at 3:39 PM