In 1946, the gigantic 66 Park-In Theatre in St. Louis, Missouri opened for business on Route 66. At the time, it boasted the largest drive-in screen in the city, a distinction it held until its close in 1994. The drive-in theater was devised in the era before air-conditioning to provide entertainment on a hot summer's night while the house cooled down. It was an activity for the whole family, with a twilight show and playground designed to exhaust the youngsters so more mature folks could enjoy the movie.
Image provided by Getty Images.
January 22nd, 2019
Viewed 572 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 05/28/2020 at 2:18 PM